Sunday, March 11, 2012

OVERCOMING CHILDHOOD TABOS




When I was 7 and in second grade, I finished off a knitted hotpad with a crochet edge. My teacher got very angry and told me never to mix knitting and crochet. It took me fifty years to overcome her narrow minded opinion.
Now I freely mix all fiber crafts i do, like crochet, knitting, needle felting and weaving.
One of my favorite mixtures is amigurumi crochet and needle felting. I did my first amigurumi a year and half ago. I just loved the results until I started doing my own designs and wanted some more expression on their faces. As I always comented on my needlefelting. It is only ok when it speaks to me. So now I finish off my crochet amigurumi with little or more needlefelting. I card the wool I´m using and apply it with a felting needle. Sometimes I also do some entire parts needlefelted.

No comments:

Post a Comment